Saturday, February 27, 2016

What Lent Means To Me

Lent is a time of preparation, and reflection.  It's my favorite time of the year. It's a bigger deal than Christmas at least in my home when I was growing up.  Although I didn't really like having to give up candy for 40 days, the older I got the more I appreciated just what Lent was for.  We went to Stations of The Cross every Friday, not so much when we were older.  This year we have gone to two of the SOTC. They don't do it like I remember as a kid but that is OK....change is good (or so they say).

I feel sorry for all of those people who are not Catholic, we have so many rituals and traditions that are so beautiful and so many opportunities to connect with Jesus. I have talked to others who are not Catholic and they don't do much for Lent, of course they go to Easter services but the 40 days that lead up to Easter for a Catholic is chalked full of things to do.  This is the way it should be...more opportunities to praise and worship Jesus.  How lucky I am to be Catholic and belong to a wonderful church!

No comments:

Post a Comment