Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lighting of the Advent Candle

Last week before Mass I was stopped by Sr. Annette she asked me if we would like to light the Advent Candle before Mass.  Of course I said yes!  My hubby even said he would go to Mass with me (Miracles happen everyday!) She was saying that she was trying to get the "new"  parishioners that had joined the church in 2013 to help them feel welcome and involve them with the parish activities.  I think it's a great idea!
I light my candle at the 5:00pm Mass on December 21.  I am so glad that I finally decided on a church and started going back to Mass.  This is the first year that I have even been excited about Christmas in 41 years!

When my mother died, November 30, 1972 and since then all my Christmas's have been rotten (only because I let them be), this year is different, I'm excited just like I was when I was a kid!  I really think that it's because I'm going to Mass like I should have been doing all these years.  I know this is true because the only difference in all those 41 years and now is I'm go church on a regular basis! I know I am right where I am supposed to be.  I love this feeling....I love my religion!

No comments:

Post a Comment