Saturday, June 7, 2014

Disappointment and Patience

Every day I go to the mailbox holding my breath.....hoping, praying, wishing, an envelope from the Dubuque Tribunal is sitting in the box, but day after day I'm totally disappointed.  It's been 14 months since I first went down the annulment road.....Sr. Annette, said it would take somewhere between 9 to 12 months.....well, we are way past that!!!  I wish someone could tell me WHEN this whole thing would be over!!!!

It's not so much actually getting the annulment, it's what is holding me up from getting confirmed!  It's a long story why I was not confirmed as a child, and I'm not going to get into it, except to say the priest we had was not a Christian in the least and should have never been a priest at all....with that said....I continue on my journey to finally being confirmed "someday".

I would also love to be able to participate in other things in my church but until I'm confirmed I can't do anything.  I find it sad that something I want so bad and can't have other's take for granted.  I have a friend who swears she is a "good" Catholic yet she never attends Mass she does on occasion go to other churches (not Catholic).  For me this is frustrating, why go to other churches when you claim to be such a devout Catholic?  She said she would always be Catholic but enjoys going to other churches.  I don't get this in the least.   However, I do go to Mass each week, but every other Sunday I do go to another church (not Catholic) with a friend who is trying to find a church home.  I do this because I want her to find what I have found....a relationship with Christ.  I did bring her to my church and she said that while it was nice she didn't think the Catholic Church was her cup of  tea.  I totally get it, it's a lot of work (but well worth it) to become Catholic.  She is looking for something different. She is afraid to go to this church by herself so I offered to go with her whenever she wanted to go which seems like we go every other Sunday....I for one need that connection to Christ weekly....apparently she is good with twice a month, which is fine with me.

May main goal is to get confirmed....hopefully before I die....that would be nice!!  As you can tell I am of little patience.  Something that has escaped me forever.  I'm not one that likes to wait.....just ask the Good Lord, he will tell you I am not good at waiting!!! LOL!!  Which is probably why my annulment has stalemated....He's MAKING ME WAIT ON PURPOSE!!!!  And I will, because I have no other choice!
Good things come to those who wait.....that is one hard lesson for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment