Saturday, August 30, 2014

Reconciliation....It's For Everyone!

The thought of going to "confession" terrifies me at times.  I always think is Father going to recognize my voice?  What is he going to think of me?  Does he wonder why I keep confessing the same sins over and over?  I know not a lot of Catholic don't like to go to reconciliation, they do their twice a year obligation and that is it.  While it sometimes makes me nervous at the same time it gives me such peace and a sense of renewal, having my sins forgiven.  Why do I always sweat bullets when I get in the confessional?  I need to embrace reconciliation (more often) and realize it's the best way to be close to God, sin makes you separated from God.  That is why I don't understand how people can only go twice a year.

I am striving to be the best Catholic I can be.  I say the rosary almost everyday, along with my prayers, I try to attend Mass during the week and not just Saturday night.  I feel so good after attending Mass I wish I could go everyday!  I do have to say I love going to Mass!  

My brother who does not practice his faith and hasn't for 40+ years, asked me why I would want to go to Mass more than once a week.  He said....who does that?  Obviously he doesn't but I do!  I almost couldn't believe that came out of his mouth!  But that would explain why he is not a peace in his life and it explains why I am at peace.  I feel so bad for people that are struggling and don't know God. If they did they would not be struggling.  If you put God first everything else falls into place.  It's so easy you would think more people would take advantage of God's graces.....I pray for these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment