Sunday, August 24, 2014

Validating My Marriage

Of course we have run into yet another problem trying to get our ducks in order.  I talked to Sr. Annette yesterday at Mass and told her that my hubby's mother lied to him she did not have him baptized in the Presbyterian church. I spoke with the Pastor and he didn't have any record of my husbands baptism or the fact that his mother was a member there!  We are hoping that the Methodist church will have a baptismal record of him but we are not holding our breath!  Even if Chris is not baptized we still can move forward with the validation, which made me feel somewhat better.  I would love it if he was baptized but I really don't think that he would do it in the Catholic Church, That would be great if he became Catholic but the chances of that happening are slim to none!  Although he supports me in anything that I do, I don't think becoming Catholic or being baptized in another religion is on his agenda.  It's kind of sad, because he is missing out on the greatest gift of all.  But I can't force him it's his decision and I have to respect that.  I guess next time I get married (this is not happening!) I'll try and pick someone who is Catholic it would save me and them a lot of grief!

So on to bigger and better things....as long as I get confirmed that is all I have ever wanted.  Without being confirmed I can't really do anything in the Catholic Church and I want to participate more in my church because I feel that I am being called to do more.  Especially wanting to be able to give communion.  The call is so strong it's all I think about! I guess God is calling me to do more but He is also trying to teach me to be patient. That is not my strong suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment