Thursday, November 12, 2015

Holy Water

The deeper I go into my faith the closer I get to God, as it should be!  I've been researching different aspects of the Catholic religion and came across and article that was was posted 2/25/11 (February 25th is my birthday! How approiate!) about Holy Water Fonts in the home.  What a great idea this was!

I read the article and decided to buy a font for my home.  I just got it in the mail a few days ago and was very glad I decided to do this.
In the article is said that St. Teresa of Avila believed that the devil hates Holy Water and they fly more quickly than from Holy Water. They also fly from the Cross, but they return almost immediately.  I thought this was very interesting!  Devil Be Gone!!!!!!

I also found this to be amazing....that Holy Water is sanctified by the blessing of the Church, that it benefits the faithful by obtaining actual grace and the remission of temporal punishment; that it is a most effective aid in all conflicts with the powers of Hell.

I love this.......Whenever the faithful make the Sign of the Cross devoutly with Holy Water and pray: “ In the Name of the Father, etc.” they gain a partial indulgence.

I recently lost my best friend from Catholic grade school all the way through high school and beyond, I new have appreciation of Purgatory, something I have always know but it got shoved to the back burner for quite sometime. Funny how a death can revive things you once knew.  I now pray for the souls in Puratory every day, especially my friend Kim. What I didn't know and learned from the Totus Tuus Family Blog was, when sprinkling Holy Water for your loved ones, your friends, etc.,  In gratitude, you should give them sprinkling of Holy Water several times daily and have Masses offered up for the repose of their souls.  Sprinkle a few drops of Holy Water and pray fervently: “O God, in Your Mercy multiply these drops into as many drops of Holy Water as there are souls in Purgatory, and allow them not to fear the pains of Purgatory, as long as the moisture of Holy Water is present.”

I give credit for most of this post to the Totus Tuus Family Blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment