Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Little Disinchanted with being a Eucharistic Minister

Well I've been Eucharistic Minister four times now and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I have a real problem with some of the people that come up for the bread/wine.  Some of the older people do not look you in the eye and they barely squeak out an Amen much less bow.

Another aspect of distribution of communion is the lack of people that help out after Mass.  There are 12 of us serving and only one or two of them go back to clean the holy vessels.  I had two mother/daughter duos that stood in the back room with dry towels chit chatting and not doing any washing/drying/putting away of things, then when we were done they just left.  I was outraged how lazy and what kind of example they were setting for their daughters.  This last Saturday I did serve as EM but refused on purpose to go back and help since those others didn't do a dang thing last time I was not going to be put in that situation again.  I left after Mass.  I'm sure I shouldn't be complaining about this but it just burns me to a crisp.  I should just offer it up and move on.  And eventually I will. but I took myself off of the list to serve as EM I will only be doing it once a month until my three years of service is up.

O Lord, please help to let this go and move on.  Help me to move on and do what you command me to do and if it is to be EM more than once a month then lead me to that.......

No comments:

Post a Comment