Thursday, April 14, 2016

More Eucharistic Ministering

Yesterday I got an email from our Liturgical and Music Coordinator he wanted to know if I would be interested in serving the 8:30am Mass on May 1. Of course I accepted because I just hate to be pigeon holed into 5:00pm on Saturdays only.  I have to say that this should have come a long time ago I had been asking for this since February!!  I wish they would not assume that just because I attend Mass most of the time on Saturday that it is the only Mass I go to.  I like to change it up once in a while. Besides I really liked going to 8:30 Mass on Sunday it gets me up and going for the day and I would not have a problem changing it around so that I would attend that Mass more!

Today I got an email from one of the guys that did some of the RCIA classes I guess they have taken all of the EM's and assigned us a specific Mass time and now we have an EM leader who will keep in close contact with his group via email, phone, and at Mass.  I guess they want to make sure that we new EM's serve our once a month?  I don't see how this is helpful?????  I kind of wondered if this might have come about because I was signed up for several Masses and then declined all of them. It doesn't really matter they can't make me do it, but I will full fill my obligation. I am one of those people that have to finish everything I do....which is a good thing I think!  I guess I will just have to see how this plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment