Sunday, April 28, 2013

Church Hopping

My good friend and I have been going to mass at the different Catholic churches in our area....I have to say I LOVE doing this!  We did notice that each church has their very own differences, some we liked, some not so much.  My friend would love to go to a mass where they don't sing, I have to agree with her I would like that as well.  The songs are so old and tired they need to be retired!!!

Why can't they play/sing contemporary christian music?  If they did that I'm sure more people would participate, maybe not so much in an older parish since the more mature attendees probably wouldn't like it.  I have to be honest, they have changed the mass so much from what it was like when I was a kid I figure that one more change couldn't hurt!

Last week I went to mass on Sunday and they had a wonderful men's group that had two guitar players and the music was upbeat and they sounded wonderful!  I would go to mass every Sunday just to hear them sing!!!  No really sure how to approach Father about this he seems like a bit of a stick in the mud!

Honestly, I probably wouldn't say a word to him....but we have a nun that is his pastoral assistant who might be able to put a bug in his ear...

No comments:

Post a Comment