Saturday, April 6, 2013

Good News!

I just found out that I can get confirmed!!!  I do not have to go through RCIA to get it done!  It's a month of instruction then you are eligible to get confirmed.

I was not confirmed as child because of our parish priest.  He was not a kind person.  My dad had gone to sign us up for the classes and the priest told him that we would have to wait until the following year because the class was full.  Then we find out that our neighbor went down to sign her kids up for class after my dad had been there and her kids got in!!!  The reason we didn't get in  is because the priest had a beef with my dad.  My mother raised a ton of money for the church before our old priest left.  The new priest could not understand why my mother was unable to do that for him......if he even had a heart this would have not been an issue.  My mother was terminally ill she actually died a month and half after the arrival of this new priest.  He also was at my sister's friends house for dinner and she overheard the disparaging things he was saying about my mother.  Needless to say when my sister told my dad what had been said he went straight to the rectory and blasted the priest!!!  Therefore you see the reason the priest decided to be a complete ass and not let us in the confirmation classes!!  Needless to say my dad said the hell with it and quit going to Mass altogether! So long story short I finally get to complete the sacrament of confirmation after waiting 40+ years!

I have to say that this is the biggest deal to me!!!  Over the years I've drifted in and out of the Catholic religion.  The funny part is I keep coming back!  I am the only one out of us three kids that is still a practicing Catholic.  I think my mother would be very proud of me, for returning to the religion that she she so loved.  I agree with her 100% if there was one thing in my life that was always there for me it would have to be the Catholic Church!   I am proud to be a Catholic!!!! <(((><

No comments:

Post a Comment